The Ultimate Marvels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ultimate Marvels

The Back-up Ultimate Marvels Site

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread

Go down 
+2
cowboyfromhell
a1 steak sauce
6 posters
AuthorMessage
a1 steak sauce
Super Hero
a1 steak sauce

ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Empty
PostSubject: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 12:28 pm

IT'S HERE!!! Talk about this red hot issue here! WOOOO!
Back to top Go down
cowboyfromhell
Super Hero
cowboyfromhell

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:00 pm

MY COMIC SHOP HASNT GOTTEN NEW ISSUES YET!!!! I did beg the guy that when they get issues that they out one aside for me and he said yeah so HELLYEAH!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
UltimateKevin
Super Hero
UltimateKevin

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 7:13 pm

I don't know... From the very beginning I felt awkward reading it.
Back to top Go down
Interpol
Admin
Interpol

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 12:48 pm

Okay just read, time to review.
First off I will mention spoilers so be advised and procede with caution.

Review:
At the complete start of the comic opening I was like Shocked . There was Tony and Natasha having relations on the first panel. Along with the rest of the page following with interesting positions Embarassed . Nice one Tony, the opening page seems to show us that Joe Mad is able to draw closed in talkative scene's, which is real good! Next page BOOM intro to venom!!! We Already Knew he was good at drawing giant fight scenes. The art is good! But I see what Kevin means by the change between to the volumes. The Cover alone proves the dramatic changes of Millar and Loeb. But I will say that Loeb does a great job at keeping me interested. The story just starts with no filler as to whats been going on. But I trust that Loeb will explain everything and have us say "Ohhh, okay, now I get it" Well thats my review.

Theory:
1. Valkyrie - She has power (WTF). I'm sure this will be explained later, also I do think it's the same person from the defenders. I remember Tony saying in Ultimates Saga that he is going to keep an eye on her. The whole thing about the wasp saying she in 19 is probably because she trying to make her seem younger. They do that with Ultimate Spidey all the time now we don't know if he's 15 or 16.
2. Venom - "Where Is She?" was his line in the entire fight. She could be Gwen I'm thinking if this series takes place a year after Grand Theft America, then It could take place after War of the Symbioytes. Venom may be looking for Carnage to absorb. Or something like that. Also Eddie was kind of into her back in the Venom Arc.
3. Magic Bullet Theory: Oh my god this is so obvious Wanda is sad and altered reality to kill herself just kidding. But Hawkeye seem like he wanted to possibly kill her.

Your Thoughts?

P.S. Wanda was replaced with mystique, I'm calling it. Also that doctor is just too damn suspicious. Right? Also if all thats wrong It's a Mutant Hater.
Back to top Go down
https://ultimatemarvels.forumotion.com
a1 steak sauce
Super Hero
a1 steak sauce

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:41 pm

I really liked it! I thought it was well written I expected it to be different. If you thought it'd be the same then you were just setting yourself up to be dissapointed. I'm extremely excited for the next issue! Issue 1 was everything I wanted and more.
Back to top Go down
Interpol
Admin
Interpol

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:55 pm

I liked it alot too man Loeb did a great job making the next Volume. Theres alot of mixed reviews out there but alot of people compare it to Millars work. Sorry to say but you can't really read this fairly comparing them two.
Back to top Go down
a1 steak sauce
Super Hero
a1 steak sauce

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:59 pm

I'm glad you liked it as well! So many people hate it and there's only been 1 ish! I wish they would give it a chance, I thought the art and Writing was really good! I'm ecstatic for issue 2.

And yeah there ain't no way you can compare Millar and Loeb.
Back to top Go down
a1 steak sauce
Super Hero
a1 steak sauce

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:05 pm

P.S. I don't mean you Kevin! You gave reasons why you didn't like it, I mean the ppl who blast it for no reason!
Back to top Go down
Interpol
Admin
Interpol

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:07 pm

Yeah I've been to some sites and they haven't even read but they'll say its a horrible story.
Back to top Go down
a1 steak sauce
Super Hero
a1 steak sauce

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:11 pm

I know what you mean. I hate when people say something is stupid when they haven't even read/watched/did anything with it.
Back to top Go down
UltimateKevin
Super Hero
UltimateKevin

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 4:04 pm

Yeah, but as long as Loeb keeps his shit together, I'll continue to read it. I mean, it's Loeb! He's gotta be something he's doing right here... The guy's part of the Heroes crew!
Back to top Go down
IMAtlantean
NOOB

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Is this the same valkyrie as in ultimates 2
Back to top Go down
UltimateKevin
Super Hero
UltimateKevin

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 5:00 pm

It looks like... Neutral
Back to top Go down
UltimateKevin
Super Hero
UltimateKevin

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 5:11 pm

I like what this guy said about this issue...

"Ultimates 3 is bar none the best thing Loeb has done since returning to Marvel... but considering the competition is Onslaught, Fallen Son and Wolverine, that's not saying much.

I found this first issue reasonably enjoyable, though I do have to wonder if I would have liked it at all if Joe Mad wasn't drawing it. His style is over the top, sure... but it's fun and pretty and the women are hot. Considering the state of comics right now, I'd say thats the best you can ask for.

But I don't really get where any of this is going. Black Panther looks cool, but there was absolutely NO POINT in him being there. He threw a punch and disappeared. Venom was just a mess, and yeah I get the ending, but considering we got less answers and more questions than a LOST episode, it didn't do any good. Hawkeye looked cool visually, but had lost the empathy that he had when Millar wrote him. He seems fairly childish and vapid for a guy that watched his family get murdered in front of him.("You think I have a death wish?" Noooooooo... you?) And I realize the Pietro/ Wanda situation was always implied... but good lord... to actually use it as a plot point... Loeb clearly has no moral barometer whatsoever. The whole issue was sex drugs and rock n roll with no plot. I'm still reading. Like I said, it looks pretty, but unless he gives me something substantial to chew on, I won't be around long."
Back to top Go down
cowboyfromhell
Super Hero
cowboyfromhell

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:21 pm

Isnt the Doctor Blake???
Back to top Go down
UltimateKevin
Super Hero
UltimateKevin

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Isn't the Dr. Blake what? confused
Back to top Go down
Interpol
Admin
Interpol

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:38 pm

Dude that doctor at the end of the issue. He has a walking stick, and if you look real close you can see Dr. Blake on his name tag. Donald Blake is 616 Thors alter ego, and he has a walking stick, and also a Doctor!!! Very Happy afro
Back to top Go down
cowboyfromhell
Super Hero
cowboyfromhell

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:38 pm

Exactly what i was getting at man!
Back to top Go down
UltimateKevin
Super Hero
UltimateKevin

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:45 pm

Interpol wrote:
Dude that doctor at the end of the issue. He has a walking stick, and if you look real close you can see Dr. Blake on his name tag. Donald Blake is 616 Thors alter ego, and he has a walking stick, and also a Doctor!!! Very Happy afro

It does???!!
study
Shocked Holy... Whaddaya know?
Back to top Go down
cowboyfromhell
Super Hero
cowboyfromhell

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:51 pm

AHAHAHHAHAHAH SWEEETTTTT!!!!! afro
Back to top Go down
Comic-Geek-Tom
NOOB
Comic-Geek-Tom

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 11:59 am

GREAT!!!! i only got the villains cover though, i've had to back order the heroes

is it me or are there neon signs hinting that cap is black panther, neither is there when the other is, cap is the only one who can vouch for him & the close up on cap when they started to talk about the panther was too hollywood
Back to top Go down
cowboyfromhell
Super Hero
cowboyfromhell

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 3:52 pm

They do have a similar head structure
Back to top Go down
cowboyfromhell
Super Hero
cowboyfromhell

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 3:23 pm

So venom wasnt actually venom but it was sent to capture Wanda and when it faild to actually save her some one killed her. The Doc is in on it some how but im not sure if he turns out to be thor or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread   ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ULTIMATES 3 #1-SPOILERS and REVIEWS Thread
Page 1 of 1